Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Projection

Hey 2009.

I have mixed feelings about resolutions because I have never kept one in the past- even simple small resolutions...like one year I wanted to watch all the movies that had won best picture at the Oscars. I didn't even watch ONE.

That being said, I would like to try to set a few goals for the year.

1. I want to accomplish everything for my wedding in an efficient time line. I don't want to put anything off until last minute and I want to be organized. I don't handle stress very well and neither does Mike. I don't want laziness and procrastination to lead us into an argument, especially when we are working toward this kind of goal. I want to get the ball rolling this week and keep it going.

2. I want to continue doing well in school and even better. I would love to see a 4.0 semester GPA at least once before I graduate. I want to continue to learn responsible study habits and try to go to class every day. I also want to be organized and try my hardest to get work down early so that I don't get stressed out. I also want to continue to study up on the English side of my degree on my own. I only have one English class left, and I don't want to get out of the habit of seeking out literature knowledge. I have to be well versed in that aspect in order to teach it.

3. In relation to the above mentioned, I want to read more. I haven't had the desire to read for pleasure after reading so much for school. Because I am not taking any literature classes this semester I should have no excuses for not reading. I not only want to read the books I have been saving for myself, I also want to read more of the classic and books that I might be tested over for my Praxis exam.

4. I want to make a better effort to be kinder to people and less selfish. I also want to make a better effort to make more time for Mike, my family, and friends.

5. I want a better handle on what is going on in my life. I want to stop buying birthday presents on the day of that person's birthday. I want to be on time more. I want to keep my house cleaner. I want to go to bed at a better time. I want my life to run like a well oiled machine.

6. I want to enjoy living a healthy life and adopt healthier practices. I want to want to exercise. I want to eat better.

7. I want to make a better effort to go to church regularly. I am typing this at 4am on Sunday morning. I will not go to church today, but I want this to be the last time.

8. I want to seek out and find new music. I am stuck in a box of the same kind of music I listen to. I want to branch out to new bands, new genres.

9. I want to learn from any mistake or hardship I might face in 2009.

10. I want to conquer my fears in 2009. I want to get over being scared of large crowds. I want to start looking strangers in the eye when I speak to them. In a strange related way I want to be a better communicator. I want to have confidence.

I would like to say in 2010 that I did something I have mentioned.

I am constantly on a life journey. Not only do I want to win, I really just want to cross the finish line.

No comments: