Friday, April 17, 2009

The buzz the bang and the za za zoo

I haven't heard back from the cardiologist about my echo cardiogram. I have called his office twice, and both times I was told they would call me back. The second time the receptionist told me "no news is good news" and that if something was wrong, they probably would have already called me. She said this more in a tone to tell me to quit calling, though...so I don't know. I'm going to assume I am fine, though.

Although, the heart palps haven't stopped. They haven't gotten nearly as bad as the first night- but they have probably happened 5 or 6 more times. I'm not doctor, but I think I am having mini panic attacks- stress related...I have just over a month to go until the wedding, school, home life, and some other things going on right now...I mean it makes sense...I just hate it and wish it would stop.

In two- two and a half hours, my mom and I are leaving for Springfield, MO. She called me up Tuesday night and asked if I would drive her to go pick up a new standard poodle puppy. She didn't realize that's where Kashmir lives and was really happy for this surprising turn of events. So, I get to hang out with the 'Mir tonight and I couldn't be more excited. I haven't seen Kashmir since last summer and before that it was years.

I have made huge progress on wedding related things. I bought almost everything we need minus my veil, earrings, mike's wedding band, and contacts for me. Other than that our only other expenses are things like finish paying for our cake and paying to use the church and stuff. But as far as material items, we are almost done. I recently ordered our cake topper, my shoes, some favors and other things. I have been tying ribbons around things like crazy. It took me 3 hours to tie ribbons around sixty bottles of bubbles. I have eighty to go.

The best news of all is that we finally bought centerpieces. Our theme is "rustic garden party" and I really wanted to buy galvanized watering cans and use wildflowers in them. This turned into a really hard and difficult task. I couldn't find them at a reasonable price...I could find like one for five dollars and then the rest were anywhere from 30 to 200 a piece. Unreasonable. So then, we "regrouped" and tried thinking of a different idea. So, I found these really cute candle lanterns for 9.00 a piece. They were white with green vines painted on the glass. Really adorable, and I thought fit the theme. Well, Mike and I were at Hobby Lobby and we are looking around and Mike keeps trying to change the idea and is talking about doing class vases and stuff and I was getting REALLY frustrated because I felt like he was taking away from our original vision and I didn't want to do something normal. I didn't want glass vases- it's just not me.

Well...we are walking around trying to find stuff and Mike walks off without me as I go down another aisle. I found these green buckets, that I thought might be useful for something and I was calling Mike to come look. At the same time he is calling me to go see what he has. After a minute of "no you come here- no you come HERE" I finally gave in and went to see what he had spotted...

lo and behold....Mike found watering cans at 50% off. They aren't exactly galvanized. Some have decorations on them, some are plain but they are effing cute.

Now, we are working on our playlist for the reception. It's really hard, too...I want people to dance, but I also want to play music I like...but some of that isn't good for dancing, or the um..older people at the wedding will not know it and might not dance because of that...so I am trying to balance things out.

I just can't wait for it to be here and then zooming off to Vegas....we BOTH need a vacation.

1 comment: